Skip to content
(615) 244-3000

The Tennessee legislature has enacted a statute, which enables grandparents, in some scenarios, to obtain visitation rights with their grandchild(ren). This allows grandparents seeking visitation to receive a trial when the following circumstances arise:

  • Father or Mother of an unmarried minor is deceased.
  • Child(ren)’s Father or Mother are divorced, legally separated, or were never married to one another.
  • Child(ren)’s Father or Mother have been missing for more than six (6) months.
  • A court of another state has ordered grandparent visitation.
  • Child(ren) resided in the home of the grandparent(s) for twelve (12) months or more and was removed by the parent(s).
  • Child(ren) and grandparents maintain a significant existing relationship for twelve (12) months or more immediately preceding severance of the relationship.

If the grandparents are not allowed contact with their grandchild(ren), an attorney can discuss the filing of a petition for grandparent visitation based on the facts of your case. You can also discuss whether grandparent visitation would be in the best interest of the child(ren) based upon the length and quality of the prior relationship between the child(ren) and the grandparent and the role performed by the grandparent.

When considering hiring an attorney to represent you in your Grandparent Visitation matter, you must find the best attorney for your situation.

Sample Heading

Please contact our office to schedule a consultation to discuss Grandparent Visitation. Our office has experience representing Grandparents in obtaining Court-Ordered Visitation.
615-244-3000 or Audrey

Back To Top